Wednesday, June 9, 2010

So what's this all about?

I created this blog in an attempt to fuel and broaden an art project. I began on facebook, recruiting my friends and acquaintances. Now here I am, reaching out in a larger fashion, I hope, to anyone out there on the big ol' world wide web who happens upon this blog and bothers to read my ramblings.

Basically, what I'm talking about here is a large-scale collective and collaborative photography project. Given a prompt, or an assignment, I'm asking my friends, acquaintances and whoever else to take a photo, their own photo, representing them individually and email those photos to me for compiling, collecting and otherwise assembling into some kind of artistic creation.

I hope these photos can, and I believe they will, show our distinction, our difference, our likenesses and our intrinsic connections that come from inhabiting the same big earth.

To my mind, there's something so astounding and beautiful about the fact that we all live vastly different lives on the same mass of rock. We're all different and connected. So, maybe that why I'm doing it, to explore a way of connecting every and anyone who contributes through an artistic pursuit. That just seems so cool to me, and hopefully it does to you, too.

I'll describe the first project I'm undertaking in another post. In the meantime, tell your friends about me. Tell anyone you know. I want to get as many folks from anywhere on board. It's a big idea, and a big task, but I think we're up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment